Grant Application Guidelines
The Botstiber Institute for Wildlife Fertility Control (BIWFC) seeks public policy research projects that advance the knowledge, acceptance and implementation of wildlife fertility control as a method of wildlife management throughout the world. The BIWFC goal is to support projects that will help the public and policy makers understand and evaluate existing policies on wildlife fertility control.
The BIWFC will support Public Policy and Education Projects:
- Human dimensions
- Public perception/attitude surveys
- Economic analysis
- Stakeholder analysis (i.e. hunters, veterinarians, ecologists, community leaders, animal advocates)
- Community outreach and engagement
Grants for tuition will not be considered. A grant of up to $25,000 (~21,500 EURO) will be considered to support direct project costs, travel, or other necessary expenses. Grants will not support salary/benefits or indirect costs.
Applicants wishing to be considered for a BIWFC grant should submit a letter of intent (LOI). LOIs may be submitted at any time. BIWFC will review all LOIs within six weeks of submission. The BIWFC may request a full proposal after consideration of the LOI.
To submit a letter of intent, please provide the following:
- Title of project
- Name of applicant
- Country of Citizenship
- Applicant’s position and institution (if applicable)
- Current and permanent mailing address
- Current and permanent e-mail address
- Project synopsis
- A specific statement about how the project advances an understanding of wildlife fertility control (not to exceed 100 words
- What is the final product that you are working to produce at the end of the grant period?
- Amount of money requested and budget (in U.S. dollars)
- Proposed start and end dates of project
- Where did you hear about the BIWFC grant program?
Please do not exceed two pages. Font size should be no smaller than 11. Applications may be submitted by mail or email to the address below. If you have any questions about the application process, you may contact:
The Botstiber Institute for Wildlife Fertility Control
P.O. Box 1819
Media, PA 19063
Click here to download a PDF of the Grant Application Guidelines.
Meet our Grantees
Click Here to read about our Grantees.